My campaign agenda for Pirkanmaa region elections 2022
1. ACCESS TO THERAPY FOR ALL
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has only made the inhumane and costly queues to mental health care services longer. We need to create a guarantee for inclusive, immediate and easy-to-access mental health services.
Therapy Guarantee (Terapiatakuu) means immediate access to therapy for everyone. I have successfully pushed this reform forward in the City Council of Tampere, and now I want everyone in Pirkanmaa County to have the same rights for mental health services.
2. HIGH-QUALITY HEALTH SERVICES FOR ALL
A vote for Jaakko means a quick access to healthcare, sufficient staffing for hospitals and their first-class training. Together with smooth care pathways they will guarantee top-quality and equal care for all.
We can’t do this without preventive measures. Investing in early prevention is cost-effective for the society as it saves money and human lives.
3. LET’S TAKE CARE OF NURSES SO NURSES TAKE CARE OF US
Social and healthcare services are a female-dominated low-wage sector. Unfortunately, the society does not give enough respect for its heroes doing the hard work. We need to improve nurses’ wages, working conditions, and staffing in order to guarantee a sufficient care for all. This will ultimately help with the labor shortage in the field as well.
My campaign motto is: A vote for Jaakko keeps a doctor near
Who am I?
I’m a 34-year-old politician and sustainability consultant from Tampere with a Master’s in Economic Sciences.
I’m running for my first term in the Pirkanmaa region council in the 2022. The wellbeing of citizens and nature is of major importance to me. I want to improve Pirkanmaa for both its residents and its urban environment. In the coming term, I want to especially work for mental health, environment and justice.
My friends and colleagues have described me with the following:
TRUSTWORTHY “You can count on Jaakko to take care!”
ACHIEVING “Jaakko has the diligence, hardiness, will and know-how to create a better world”
VISIONARY “Jaakko doesn’t stay still, he is someone who actively seeks to improve and create, his eye is on the future”
In the City Council, I have been one of the most active members by leaving dozens of initiatives, for example:
- Improving mental health services by guaranteeing brief therapy to everyone without a referral (Terapiatakuu, immediate access to therapy)
- Organizing mental health first aid courses in schools (happened in 2020)
- Revitalizing the Tammelantori square and widening the opening hours of its marketplace
- Founding a cherry tree park in Tampere
- Creating the Ilmastovahti, a website that visualizes the climate policies of Tampere (happened in 2020, https://ilmastovahti.tampere.fi/)
- Offering a vegetarian option alongside non-vegetarian food at every school in Tampere (happened in 2019)
- Founding a nature conservation area in the Hervanta-Makkarajärvi-Viitasenperä region (happened in 2019)
- Creating the “Tampere – Most Student Friendly City in Finland” program (happened in 2014)
Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Tel: +358 45 652 0589